As I’m loving the fat bird mould, I’m trying filling it with various fillers. This is alcohol inks – I didn’t stir in the white enough, but still think that it looks OKish.
The 3D shapes arrived on Wednesday – I ordered them on Friday night – and, straightaway, I made moulds of them. I had fun as they floated so I weighted them down but still had to add more silicone.
While I was mixing the silicone, I also moulded one of the fat birds. Here they are filled with bronze (top left), and pink, orange and blue glow-in-the-dark mica.
I’ve made three fat birds using three different metal fillers;
there’s a gorgeous effect where the filler has sunk to the bottom of the mould.
Meanwhile, the offspring tried making brown mica azul pieces with gold centres – looking rather like toffees.